Audit Manager, Global Markets - Dubai
Our client is an international financial institution. The role is to undertake risk assessments and perform or lead, where directed, internal audit engagements of diverse business units or functions to deliver the audit plan established in conjunction with relevant members of the Functional Teams.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members through written evaluations.
- Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills. Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed; Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally
- Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification where appropriate. Professional audit certification encouraged.