Hong Kong: Equity Derivatives Product Controller, AVP / VP Level
Our client is a top tier European Investment Bank is expanding across the Asia Pacific region. They are now looking to hire a dynamic and energetic professional with a solid technical background in derivatives.
Reporting to the Head of Hong Kong you will manage a team of 10 people supporting the equity derivatives business with functional responsibility for daily P&L production, attribution analysis and month end close.
The position is a great opportunity and will be particularly attractive to experienced staff who understand front to back flows and are ready to take the next step into a business facing environment through the mini-CFO structure.
The opportunity for further advancement is not limited to the immediate role with the potential to rotate into other areas, roles and locations that our client, as a top-tier global bank, offers.
The right candidate should have a view to being in the direct line of succession and identify themselves early as such candidates With a strategic mind you will use your strong communication skills and commercial acumen to work closely with the business (Front Office). You will also develop career plans for your team whilst building in succession.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an investment banking environment within a major investment bank
- Be able to deal with a multi system environment
- Be diligent, efficient and able to manage multiple conflicting deliverables including working under pressure
- Be presentable and able to communicate effectively through all forms of media
- Understand and act as client relation manager with internal clients.
- Be able to communicate well in English – local language skills are advantageous but not essential.
- Be prepared to be in the front line - handle queries and proactively handle issue resolution.
- Question existing procedures, being able to point out weaknesses and suggest improvements challenging the status quo as necessary.
- Be able to challenge the current model and take initiative to re-engineer the Finance process, as well as offer additional guidance to support business practices