London/Sydney: Corporate/Capital Markets Lawyer, In-House - Global Investment Bank, 3+PQE
This bulge bracket Global Investment Bank has a unique opportunity for a South African corporate / capital markets lawyer to be based in either their London or Sydney office. As a key member of their in-house legal team, you will work closely with the business units and be closely involved in:
- reviewing and commenting on a diverse range of on-shore and offshore new business, product and fund proposals to identify and address any legal, compliance, regulatory and reputational risks and to ensure compliance with internal policies;
- participating with the businesses, and internal and external advisers, in the public offer process for capital raisings and new product offerings and review related offering materials;
- assisting in the maintenance and development of the bank's policies on legal and compliance matters;
- managing and assisting with regulatory liaison, investigations and inquiries involving the bank;
- assisting with reporting to senior management and the board.
The role will involve significant interaction with executives from the various business divisions of the Bank and with other Legal and Risk Management personnel responsible for assessing market and liquidity risk, credit risk, and operational risk. You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in law and, preferably, another related area;
- Substantial experience in the corporate or capital markets group of a leading south African law firm - ideally, three to six years experience;
- Experience in working on capital markets transactions such as IPOs and secondary offerings. Experience in funds management and private equity transactions would also be valued;
- A willingness to learn and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement;
- Commercial acumen, and proven organisation, communication and negotiation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your skill base and to gain exposure to all operating areas of this Global Investment Bank and apply your legal skills and experience in a dynamic commercial context.